Sunday 11 August 2013

Finally, a blog!


 I have been meaning to start a blog for quite some time but just haven’t managed to get to it.  I started writing this while camping at Valle Crucis Abbey in the most stunning valley in the idyllic Welsh countryside as I thought it would be as good a time as any to start.



The Abbey in the Valley
                                                                                    



I am newly self employed (it was a lot of work and takes real commitment to get started with your own business) and after satisfying the various requirements and producing a well researched business plan, I was accepted to receive the New Enterprise Allowance which is some fall back money to survive on while starting out.  So, I signed off Jobseekers Allowance on 3rd June and started as officially self employed on 4th June and have not stopped since!  Predominantly a photographer, I do dabble in drawing and painting as well and have recently begun to craft.  The idea behind this blog is that I share the projects I am working on and hopefully inspire someone to dig out the camera or pick up a paintbrush as you join me on my journey into the world of the self employed artisan.
So, now I am my own boss! That sounds so cool, right?!  It is a lot of work though and very little time to myself to chill-even on the short trip to Valle Crucis I took work to do!  

Located just minutes from the town of Llangollen in Denbighshire, Valle Crucis Abbey makes for a fascinating visit-you can even go upstairs in the ruin and see where the monks would have slept!  I was lucky and had dry weather and great lighting during the day for wandering around with my camera, images taken on the trip will be printed and mounted soon ready for sale :)
My favourite of the day was this one:



The ruin of the once magnificent abbey and its distorted reflection in the monastery fishpond I think make a great shot.  I had to be careful where I stood though as there were frogs underfoot-those really teeny ones that just ceased to be tadpoles and became frogs!


This favourite image of mine currently has no title so, suggestions on a postcard please........
;)




 

2 comments: