Thursday 12 September 2013

First of the year

Greetings to you all,
Well, I guess summer is officially over now-I saw Christmas stock in Tesco yesterday! So, here is the first of my Christmas cards for this year:






I decided to opt for something different as a base, rather than the more traditional red or green for this one (they will come soon!!).  Using purple card stock folded to be just a tad smaller than 5x5 inches (I have some lovely 5x5 inch silver envelopes that I have been dying to use for a while now and these cards are absolutely perfect for them), I used Black Soot Distress ink to shade the corners and slightly distress the edges of the card.  I then took the 'Merry Christmas Tree' stamp by IndigoBlu and stamped it using Versamark clear pigment before making it pop with Metallic silver Wow embossing powder and the ever so handy heat tool.
Staying with the black soot ink, I put the Stars1 by Lavinia Stamps 2 or 3 times into each corner before then using a small Merry Christmas sentiment from my stash (could have been a magazine freebie, I do not recall) stamped close to the top left corner, where Majestic Purple liquid pearls finish the look by adding some subtle shine.
Inside the card is a simple white insert with 'Merry Christmas' embossed in silver along the centre and plenty of space to write your own message.
These are for sale from today at £1.20 each or £5 for 5-I recommend getting orders in early and then that's one less thing to think about as the festive season draws near.  Email me at: CraftyShutterbug@gmail.com for further details or to get your cards.

Challenges entered:
Simonsaysstamp- Embossing
Sparkle N Sprinkle- Anything Goes with glitter, embossing powder and/or flocking
Creative Creations- Early Christmas Makes
Card Mania- Favourite colour combination
My Craft Creations- Stamped image challenge

6 comments:

  1. Testing out posting to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, if you aren't signed up, you need to say who you are when you post!!
      I reckon I can guess though ;)

      Delete
  2. That embossed swirl is really an elegant design. this is perfect for your holiday card. Thanks for joining us at the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge this month. Hugs, Barbara { personal blog - Art and Soul Creations}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely stamped image which looks very striking against the purple backdrop. Love the black soot edges. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card,lovely image and colours...I am a new follower.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woohoo!! You are my first follower :) Thank you so much for your support, and for your kind words :) I have been naughty this week and not blogged, but check back each week as I blog every few days (sundays and wednesdays).

      Delete