Sunday 8 September 2013

The beauty of nature

Hello world, I hope you are all having a great weekend.  The horrendous rain here on Friday highlighted a couple of leaks in my roof, but other than that it was a pretty great day-I headed on out to Llandudno and picked up some craft items I needed at bargain prices, as well as storage for some of the art and craft stuff that has currently hijacked my living room!  I returned somewhat bedraggled and resembling a drowned rat, but was all excited at the parcel waiting for me-printed cards of some of my photographs (from a well known very reasonable online printers). 


This one I called 'Murmuring Vale'. It is the Conwy river as it gently meandres out from the Fairy Glen area of Snowdonia National Park.  The light was just perfect on the lovely day in April when I caught this idyllic scene there-I don't know about you, but I think the water looks inviting!  A paddle in a cool river would be wonderful right now as I just got in from a brisk walk along the seafront.

The seafront here has many facets, beautiful and dramatic, and they vary with the light and the weather and the mood of the ocean.  Today the water was definitely more grey than blue and, from the waves pounding the wall, it seemed rather choppy but that did not stop one adventurous crew from getting out there!


Sunsets on the seafront are especially spectacular and one of my shots that I consider amongst my all time favourites is a sunset in September just a little way along the front from me here.  I call it 'Heavenly Glow' as the distinct rays of the sun streaming through the cloud look as if someone above has turned a spotlight onto this stretch of coast!  I hope you enjoy looking at it as much as I do.






Well, I guess I just did my bit for Rhyl tourism! haha.  Take care everyone, and I am off now to get started on my next card design, see you Wednesday :)


No comments:

Post a Comment