Thursday 24 October 2013

Christmas is coming!

Hello everyone :)
I hope you are all well, I have had some difficulties with my back today but am taking it easy and taking the painkillers-one reason I shall keep this post short ;)

Today is the Christmas card I mentioned yesterday:



White pearlescent card stock embossed with the Star Pere Noel embossing folder (Couture Creations from Creative Expressions) and then highlighted with some iridescent glitter and a Sakura quickie glue pen. This was layered onto some green card, I managed to get some ribbon that is almost the same colour as the card, and this I ran down the left side of the embossed design and then stuck it all on black card, before attaching it to the front of a white pearlescent card blank.  Small green gems were used to add a splash of colour in several places and Meiflower teeny gems also added to bring some bling.
5 gems of varying sizes were added to the ribbon and 3 green gems to the top right corner of the design to complete it.



Inside the card simply says 'Merry Christmas' (stamp by IndigoBlu) in Peacock Feathers distress ink so that it matches the colours used on the front.

I like this card-I have made some in teal/peacock as well, and I am currently making more using purple rather than green or teal/peacock, (me and my non traditional colours!) but I could be persuaded to also make some using red I am sure ;)

Thanks for stopping by, leave me your thoughts below and I will be back with more tomorrow.
x

Challenges entered:
My Craft Creations-Anything Goes

No comments:

Post a Comment