Monday 25 November 2013

Time for a Clock ;)

Hello there everyone, I hope you are all well.

I am much better than I was when I last posted! Thank you for the kind, supportive comments you have made to me about that last post of mine-it's wonderful to know I am not alone.

This post has been a while in the making! I have been meaning to produce clocks for months now-so, without further ado, here it is:





I find metallic paint very difficult to portray in a photograph! It looks much more dramatic in reality than it does here!!
I used acrylic paints in: burnt umber, raw sienna, metallic copper, metallic copper gold.
Glitter frosting in Brown, sand, copper and gold  (with the clocks mask)
lutradur paper-like fabric, friendly plastic and some two tone (copper/black) organza-all of which were heated with a heat tool before having paint applied.
pocket watch stamp (visible image) was used with paint rather than ink
stars are crafters' clay (Martha Stewart I think) then painted to match.
Paper flowers were painted to match and then layered before being attached to corner of lutradur.

Various clock and watch charms in bronze colour are from my stash.

The clock hands were painted with the metallics to match the rest of the piece.

Whole thing was done using a 10x12 canvas board as a base.
All quite the experiment, but now I know what works, I shall make some more along similar lines :)
Was absolutely good fun to make-which is what art and crafting is all about, right?

Let me know what you think,
Happy crafting
x

Challenges entered:
Visible image- make it sparkle  (the metallic paint does sparkle and there are angelina fibres on here beneath the lutradur too-difficult to see from the photo I know)

2 comments:

  1. Good luck in the visible image make it sparkle challenge for November. Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely mixed media piece! Thanks so much for joining us at Visible Image this month!

    ReplyDelete